Program Manager / Project Manager
Veracity is seeking to hire an experienced Project / Program Manager. This is a remote office / virtual work opportunity with limited travel required. The Project / Program Manager will have overall responsibility for managing several US Government projects and contracts. The manager will be responsible for the resource management, delegation of work cross-projects, approval of time allocation, estimates and budget management, risk management, client communications, project documentation, and schedule management. In addition to showing innovative thought leadership, the Project / Program Manager will be required to utilize core project management, communication, presentation and creative problem solving skills to deliver projects on time and within budget. This position’s duties will also include improving and implementing new policies and processes to enhance our daily program operations and projects.
- Manages multiple Government projects. Partners with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Helps ensure successful contract completion consistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and its supplements.
- Serves as a liaison with the government contracting officer to identify and resolve contract issues.
- Leads multiple cross-functional projects; facilitates project planning sessions with stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with client stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Ensures that project documentation is complete; monitors measures, and communicates with clients and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Facilitates the technical work of the team and manages quality assurance and inspection of deliverables.
- Schedules, prepares for, facilitates and follows up on regular status meetings with the client.
- Schedules, prepares for, facilitates and follows up on ad hoc meetings with the client and/or internal team as required.
- Creates a monthly status report, contributes to a delivery receipt form with percent complete from the schedule, and updates the project schedule. Works with client on formal approval of these artifacts
- Translates stakeholder functional requirements into contractual technical requirements.
- Coordinates with the internal invoicing team monthly to ensure appropriate billing to Government clients.
- Strong initiative; analytical; effective organization, communication, and planning skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or institution
- Four (4) years (or more) of project management experience with focus on information technology or engineering on US Government projects is required
- Skilled in driving key initiatives and technology-focused projects using both Waterfall and Agile principles
- Solid and effective written, interpersonal, oral and presentation skills
- Able to lead project teams with minimum supervision and guidance
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills.
Additional Bonus Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience developing cost estimates
- Experience designing and implementing new organizational procedures
- Familiarity with e-learning systems or learning technologies
- Basic technical understanding of web-based systems
- Experience with company operations including resourcing, budget management, invoicing, project onboarding and close-out
- Experience managing projects remotely
- Experience with multiple virtual conferencing software including Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, WebEx, and Zoom
- Experience with Google Documents, Sheets, Presentations, and Drive
- Familiarity with good version control and configuration management process and tools
All applicants will be rated on the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Organizing and Planning
- Project Management
- Remote Work, Collaboration, and Virtual Meeting Software Technology Expertise
- Writing and Oral Communication