The Software Engineer will be based in the United States. This is a remote office / virtual work opportunity with very little travel required. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality software applications. He or she will also be responsible for designing and implementing testable and scalable code. This position is for a full-time role supporting multiple software development projects as well as Veracity’s Learning Record Store (LRS) customers. We’re looking for a multi-talented learning technology professional who has extensive experience architecting and implementing modern software solutions, building and managing internal customer relationships and is comfortable on a small and agile team.
The Software Engineer will possess a data-driven mind and can work with a team or independently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The Software Engineer is someone who has extreme attention to detail, a high level of self-motivation and an excellent work ethic while providing a customer focus in everything they do. The Software Engineer has passion and integrity with a dedication to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal communication abilities and collaborative attitude
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to influence and work with a world-class product and engineering team
Additional Experience Desired
- Experience with eLearning and LMS systems, preferably Moodle
- Knowledge and experience with learning technology standards such as SCORM/AICC, and xAPI
- Experience with analyzing raw data
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with Express and NodeJS
- Experience with building or using Web APIs